Saturday, March 15, 2014

Learning to Read

We're learning to read at our house. "Look, Look! See Sally. See funny little Sally!"
We're learning the sounds and the way words look. We're learning that though not always easy, reading is fun and takes us new places. We are reading big books together too. Like Little Lord Fauntleroy.
We are playing games and laughing about the silly sentences we make.



Mamma is learning too. Mamma is learning to read the tracing of God's hand. To see that little insignificant bits fit into the whole that makes the big story. Though not always easy, this story is an adventure. We are going places together - God and I. Places we've never been before. I'm learning to follow the tracing finger of God as he helps me to spell out the story he's written just for me.
My sweet husband sends me out for a cup of chai and a bit of solitude this morning.
I read in Psalms 50.
The Mighty One, God the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God has shined.
Our God comes; he does not keep silence;

The heavens declare his righteousness,
for God himself is judge! Selah
“Hear, O my people, and I will speak;...
I am God, your God.
Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you;
your burnt offerings are continually before me.
I will not accept a bull from your house
or goats from your folds.
10  For every beast of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills.
11  I know all the birds of the hills,
and all that moves in the field is mine.
12  “If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world and its fullness are mine.

14  Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and perform your vows to the Most High,
15  and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” 


23  The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice 
glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!
  
 These words ministered to my heart this morning and called to me. Offer thanksgiving. This is the fruit of our lips that glorifies God!  Then as an extra little touch of grace as I sat there, a stranger came and laid a paper on my table with the words - "The darker then night - the brighter the light."  God has shined. May he shine through me to this dark world.


 "Did you say you wanted soap in your soup? I'll be glad to help you out! Or was it that you thought the soup tasted of soap?" 

 I'm so glad my Father is better at planning my life than I would be! His planning is perfect and turns out far better in the end than my homemade laundry detergent of the other day... That was rather goopy and gloppy.
But my Father says - " I know the plans I have for you." And "ALL things work together for the goo to those that love him. " I love him and this is another of his thousands of promises that are yes to me today in Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. Tell John that I like his sentence. And I like yours. Yes- our days are our letters and they fit together to make the mighty tracings of the finger of God. Do we always comprehend our words? No- it takes time. But God who is rich in mercy. . . .
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete